
While Mike was home this week, I really wanted to take the girls and drive up the canyon to see the changing leaves...I love this time off year when the mountains are covered in a rainbow of colors. We grabbed a picnic lunch, some drinks and headed up to Tony Grove Lake, where we went on a two mile hike, Mike and Skylar scaled some rocks, and tried to avoid the numerous "cow pies"....It was so fun to have just the four of us in such a beautiful place. Memories flooded back to me of Mike and I's 3rd date, when he drove me up the same canyon with a picnic lunch, and walked for miles looking at the beauty of fall...It also reminded me of why I fell in love with him, and how much I am still in love with him.....
The weather was perfect...Just a tiny bit cool, but nothing a sweater wouldn't fix. Skylar and Chase were a bit hesitant to go...but I think once we got there and they were free to run and throw leaves in the air, they had a really fun time. It was a really fun little family outing that I will never forget.
Love your pictures! The girls are always dressed so cute and it is fun to hear about Tony Grove. I need to get up there with my family. Thanks for sharing. I also LOVE the scooter picture. You are such a good mom.
ReplyDelete